Here’s something you don’t hear very often… “He’s a gifted public speaker, a talented university and college lecturer, a social entrepreneur… and an award winning magician.”
Yup. An award winning magician… Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to David Peck of SoChange.
And there’s more: David Peck has not only made a name for himself in the field of social justice (when it comes to issues of social justice, he is one of the most passionate people I have ever met on the subject) he’s also a film maker and TV producer.
Why David is awesome:
- He currently manages SoChange, a social enterprise which works alongside members of the non-governmental community in areas such as fundraising, advocacy, and donor relations.
- He’s also working to raise the capacity of organizations such as Make Poverty History.
- SoChange has spearheaded events such as “Why Everything Must Change” and the Mosquitoes Suck Tour, which collaborates with UNICEF and aligns with the Canadian initiative “Spread the Net” managed by Plan Canada to raise funds and awareness for malaria alleviation efforts in Africa.
- He was named a Global Hero by Verge Magazine.
- On top of all that he’s working on a documentary film about his friend Soun Rottana from the Siem Reap war museum (see bottom video).
- As a consultant/advocate for Asian Outreach in Mongolia and Cambodia, he regularly travels often to the region.
- He’s also a contributor to an exclusive bi-weekly digital newsmagazine, Newsana+.
A New Kid’s Show in the Works
And on top of all that, David is also currently collaborating on a new children’s series geared towards engaging youth in international development and social justice issues.